Dislocated Workers = A person who is:
- Employed long enough to show compensation in the workforce system but is not eligible for unemployment compensation due to insufficient earnings or having performed services for an employer that were not covered under a State unemployment compensation law.
- Unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation;
- Terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff, from employment as a result of any permanent closure of, or any substantial layoff at, a plant, facility, military installation or enterprise.
- Self-employed (including employment as a farmer, a rancher, or a fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community in which the individual resides or because of natural disasters.
- A displaced homemaker.
- The spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active and who has experienced a loss of employment as a direct result of relocation to accommodate a permanent change in duty station of such member.