Connect with The Partnership
LaTonya Brooks, Program Manager
For more information, please call 1-855-850-2525
Back To Work 50+
The Back to Work 50+ Program is for unemployed and underemployed people aged 50+ who want to gain confidence, skills, and explore opportunities needed to successfully compete in today’s workplace and find employment. At the same time that many 50+ workers are raising children and helping aging parents, over three million are looking for full-time employment.
Why is this program needed?
The Great Recession has left Americans age 50+ facing the largest overall increase in long-term unemployment, the longest spells of joblessness and the least likelihood of finding a job. Older women bear the greater share of this burden: 60% of women 65 and older have incomes insufficient to cover basic, daily expenses. 50+ jobseekers need help gaining skills, finding jobs and building financial security. One promising approach is to partner with existing community intermediaries —such as the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership — to put new emphasis on helping 50+ workers find new and better jobs. As part of a national effort, BACK TO WORK 50+ connects 50+ workers with information, training, support, work experience, and employer access they need to get back into the workforce and sustain their income through employment. The BACK TO WORK 50+ program is supporting multiple sites in Chicago and suburban Cook County to provide these programs and services.
How we do it
- We provide workshops that share the latest techniques for finding employment and training resources.
- We provide individualized career counseling, job coaching and skills development.
- We offer needs assessment and referrals to supportive services in collaboration with other programs designed to help 50+ workers.
- We infuse the employer perspective into every aspect of BACK TO WORK 50+.
- We provide access to a wide array of job and training opportunities and connections with our American Job Centers.
Call BACK TO WORK 50+ to get your free copy of our 7 Smart Strategies for 50+ Jobseekers Guide and to find out where the nearest local site is and when 7 Smart Strategies workshops are taking place. Dial toll- free 1-855-850-2525.
Also, here is a link to the AARPFoundation website: https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/our-work/income/back-to-work-50-plus/