Systems and Network Manager
The Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership is seeking a Systems and Network Manager to oversee and enhance the organization’s technical infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Administration, this role provides leadership to the Information Technology (IT) unit within the Administration Department. As the supervisor for the IT Systems and Network staff, Database Coordinator, and Business Applications Specialist, the Systems and Network Manager will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in the areas of network design, database architecture, and platform customization and configuration.
- Oversee the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and optimization of all hardware, systems, and software.
- Collaborate with senior management and various departments to align IT strategies with business goals, ensuring streamlined operations and optimal performance across all platforms.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of technical professionals, ensuring they are effectively trained and utilized.
- Implement, oversee, and manage an IT ticketing system to streamline support requests, track issues, and ensure timely resolution of technical challenges.
- Document network problems, solutions, and ensure that the IT team is trained on resolution protocols.
- Ensure data security, encryption, and compliance with data protection regulations.
- Collaborate with vendors and external IT partners to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Oversee and guide the technical team in system installation, troubleshooting, back-ups, and restorations.
- Perform all related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with a proven ability to manage a technical team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in IT infrastructure and software application contexts.
- Ability to engage professionally and tactfully with partners, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365 environment (Azure AD, Intune, Exchange, SharePoint, One Drive, Teams), and other relevant software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegate when appropriate, and ensure a proactive approach to network vulnerabilities.
- Ability to oversee and direct database-related activities, ensuring compliance with standards and specifications.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, and communicate technical and operational information to user groups.
- Adept at developing and maintaining IT budgets and managing resources effectively.
- Familiarity with IT systems development practices, standards, procedures, data privacy regulations, and cybersecurity standards.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems supplemented by two (2) years of full-time paid work experience as an Information Technology Specialist or Systems Analyst OR four (4) years of work experience performing these job duties
- Direct work experience with, or oversight of, various types of software platforms such as customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and contract lifecycle management (CLM)
- Prior experience managing a team strongly preferred
- Preferred work experience managing performance reporting systems for grant-funded work, especially within the context of a publicly funded system
- Occasional travel to work assignments at Partnership-funded locations within Cook County for which the employee must provide his or her own adequate means of transportation and appropriate levels of personal auto insurance as required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk and sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity using a keyboard
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
|Job Title:||Department: Administration|
|Reports to: Director of Administration||Effective Date: September 2023|