Fiscal Staff – Accountant
Reports to Assistant Controller
Under the general direction of the Assistant Controller provides technical support to the fiscal unit and other units within The Partnership. Prepares and submits accounting reports to Assistant Controller and Controller, highlights any irregularities. Assists Assistant Controller and Controller with any duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Performs a variety of professional tasks relative to assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of accounting systems for The Partnership.
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of financial records and operations subject to the review of the Assistant Controller and Controller.
- Assists the Assistant Controller in the design, implementation and maintenance of fiscal control and record keeping systems.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of Accounting Records with Funder-required external Reporting systems.
- Utilizes appropriate financial software systems to access and manipulate financial data.
- Record and Implements Cost Allocation Plans to Agency-Wide expenditures.
- Provides technical support to other fiscal staff accountants.
- Act as point of contact with external auditors monitoring The Partnership in conjunction with senior leadership, assist in creating and managing company-wide budget.
- Assist in preparing company-wide monthly financial statements and budget vs. actual for senior staff and Board of directors.
- Management and oversight of all accounts payable and accounts receivables functions.
- Provides training and technical assistance to sub-recipients and employers.
- Review, interprets and analyzes fiscal reports from grant recipients throughout The Partnership’s service delivery area.
- Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of assigned grants, including preparing annual grant budgets and forecasting revenue and expenses.
- Review grant expenditures to make sure they are compliant with grant requirements and budgets.
- Maintain spreadsheets of all grant activity.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to funders as required.
- Communicate financials with appropriate program staff informing them of financial position of the various grants.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Management, or a related field; significant experience in compliance oversight OR, minimum of five (5) years full-time work experience in fiscal management and/or auditing and fiscal monitoring in the field of Employment Training and Program Development.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in administering grant funded public programs.
- Two (2) years of experience with a Non-Profit Organization.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
Excellent skill in identifying possible accounting errors, inconsistencies, and unlawful practices.
Skill in organizing information in a logical manner to support audit results.
Ability to maintain an attitude of professional skepticism throughout an audit.
Knowledge of internal control concepts and procedures.
Ability to objectively and tactfully interact with sub-grantees in resolving difficult accounting issues.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
Working knowledge of applicable software programs, such as; Microsoft Word, Excel, Great Plaines or similar software.
Ability to identify errors, irregularities and illegal acts and take appropriate action.
Ability to work in a racially diverse environment in which working towards racial equity in workforce or economic development or social service sectors is key.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete listof the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normalline of work.